VMware Workspace ONE Community
schmidtl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Revoking Applications, or giving them Back

Hi,

Scenario: a User has a bunch of "User Activated" Thinapps. He trys all of them, and all of them are popping on his Windows Desktop via Horizon Windows Client.

So far so good, but how can the User get rid of those Apps on its own?

Disabling ('hiding') them in the Applications Section of the WebUI does not seem to have an effect....

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

I do not think that we actully remove the applications, just "de-entitle" them so the user cannot start them anymore.

The problem that could happen if we remove them is that all customization and the sandbox would also be removed and its a big risk that the user will loose important data by doing so without realizing this.

So the current implementation is not perfect but greatly reduces risk that the user looses important data.

How do you think it should work?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
schmidtl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Well, issue from the field:

I packaged Firefox, unfortunateley I set it to be the default browser during the Capture Process. To make things worse, I deployed it to my Testuser Group as "Automatic" (not user Activated).

So the ThinApp seems a) to be the default browser and  b) shows strange effects by interferring with local full blown Firefox Installations that exist.

So what I've done was to changed the Entitlement Options to "User Activated", and hoped the Users can get rid of the App by deselecting it in the Horizon Webclient.

But even if the do so, an delete it from the ThinAppCache Folder...the Agent brings it back.

So the only Option I see is ripping the whole App out of the System... having the users to be able to do it via Self Service seems more Convinient (What if the User decides to have all the 200 Apps he is eliglabe to, and later decides that having 80GB of ThinApps on his 128GB SSD sucks a bit...

0 Kudos