VMware Workspace ONE Community
wsb252
Contributor
Contributor

Request Payload for UEM AdminAction API is a required field but not defined in the documentation

I am trying to use the /devices/admin-actions/REBOOT API.  The documentation at https://as845.awmdm.com/api/help/#!/apis/10002?/ says that there is a required payload body, but the documentation lists the example as:

{ "metadata": { "Text value": "Text value"} }

I have attached a screenprint of the api documentation in question.

The reboot function works when coming from the Workspace One console, but I am unable to get a valid API call to do the reboot.  Can anyone provide a curl example of what the correct syntax is for submitting a reboot request using the API?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
gmanws1
Contributor
Contributor

You need to input your own XML with the device targets, if you select 'Model' next to the example value it'll give you an idea of formatting ;

'BulkAdminActionsV1Request {

assigned_devices (Array[AssignedDeviceV1Model], optional😞 

Assigned Devices List.

metadata (inline_model, optional😞 

Metadata Associated for the Action.

}
AssignedDeviceV1Model {

device_uuid (string, optional),
user_uuid (string, optional)

}
inline_model {}'

0 Kudos
scottyb1
Contributor
Contributor

" if you select 'Model' next to the example value it'll give you an idea of formatting"

That's the problem, the Model next to the example value is incorrect and invalid.  It is:

{ "metadata": { "Text value": "Text value" } }

I am seeing a correct/valid XML/JSON payload if you have one.

0 Kudos
Yassine-DKT
Contributor
Contributor

hello,

Did you succed to launch the reboot action from API ? i have an initialized status on the console and the action does not execute the reboot .

Thank you in advance

Regards,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos