After upgrading our dedicated SaaS environment to 126.96.36.199 on Tuesday, we found that some users were suddenly unable to run an export on a device list view as they had done almost daily before. I tested this myself as the system admin and it worked fine so the basic reporting functionality seems fine, but it almost seems like the users now no longer have the correct role permissions to run the export. I checked in their admin role settings and confirmed that device list export was enabled. Has anyone else encountered this and, if so, how did you resolve it?
An agent responded to my original ticket and said they had added a new item in the role one of the impacted users has assigned, but when we tried the report still failed. So, no luck thus far. We have had a number of issues since going to 2111 so this has not been a fun upgrade for us.
So far no resolution. The rep who has the SR assigned to him has tried enabling a couple of options in the role my target user has, but so far it has not made a difference. I have asked to do a video share so I can show him exactly what is occurring. I will definitely share if we are able to get it working.
The most recent response I received regarding this incident is that it is my responsibility as the admin to fully back up any custom roles that I have created in the (apparently highly likely) event that a console update breaks the roles. This way I can restore them when they break. In the 5 years I have been using this product this is the first I have ever heard of such a thing, and certainly have not had any issues with custom roles breaking until this build was released. I have pushed back for more information but nothing so far.
Final answer on this issue was that yes, in fact, something changed in the role requirements to access the report extract screen, although I gather this was not intentional. The temporary fix for this is to add about 6 new permissions to any role where the users are experiencing the "blank screen" problem when trying to export a report. Details are in this KB::