VMware Workspace ONE Community
mkoss
Contributor
Contributor

Replacement Solution - VMware Workspace ONE Personal Content

I have been looking to implement a storage repository for our company owned iOS devices that are supervised, and I was going to explorer using Workspace ONE Personal Content. It seems that VMware is ending support for Personal Content as of 1/3/20.

https://support.workspaceone.com/posts/360033203293

After reaching out to VMware/Workspace ONE support, they do not have a replacement solution at this time. I liked the fact that saved devices were tied with the user, and that they carried over if they received a new device. At this point, I'm not sure what to use. What are you all looking to use to replace Personal Content?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

we use onedrive and Box mainly.
0 Kudos
MichaelSchn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Same issue here, VMware is not providing any alternative, which is really bad!

We are still searching for an alternative, one of our customer do not want to use any cloud service, so only internal sharepoint or network drives are a possibility. Unfortunately both is not nearly as good working as the personal content...
So if anyone has a good alternative for only internal solutions I would be glad.
0 Kudos
Adamfry
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Exactly same with us, we only want it internally and personal content is brilliant.
0 Kudos
mkoss
Contributor
Contributor

The great thing about Personal Content is that it will allow users to compose Word, Excel, Text, etc. documents without having to load any additional software. We really do not want to license our iPads, since we intended them to be used for accessing resources (not as a replacement for their laptops).
0 Kudos
phil_84
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. We will have to go for a cloud solution to get the same features. Please share if you have any other solutions.
0 Kudos
phil_84
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

is there any way to give the Users the option to mass download their files for migration to another system? If they have a folder structure you have to download on filebase per folder. Folder download or "download everything" would be great.

Thanks and best regards

Philipp

0 Kudos