erjung
Contributor
Contributor

Removing the option to leave Remote Management

Hello,

How can I disable to option to leave "Remote Management"? This message shows at the bottom of an iPad that was recently provisioned.

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoeTingley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can you describe your workflow?

I use ABM, enrolled directly into an OG fully configured. When we onboard equipment, my desktop guys send me a serial number and the profile they need, and I just assign it for them. They never have the option to remove management, and they're forced into it without intervention during a device reset from Apple. If you're manually enrolling and the device is not supervised, users can always remove management.

erjung
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the reply! When I get a new device, I would prepare it using Apple Configurator. Then I will assign it in Apple Business Manager and then I will go on the iPad and do the set up and assign it to a user.

Please let me know if there is a setting in the profile that needs to be changed to disable them from leaving?

Thank you

0 Kudos
EricPlent
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

As far as I know, any device enrolled in ABM/DEP using Apple Configurator automatically has a 30-day window during which management can be removed. Once that 30 period if past, the device then becomes a "normal" ABM/DEP enrollment and can no longer be removed from management by the end user. I don't think there is any way to change this - it's core Apple functionality.