VMware Workspace ONE Community
pilgrimm99
Contributor
Contributor

Removing Integration

Hi, Were looking at removing integration (currently saml via azure) to use Airwatch in standalone.  Has anyone else done this? What effect would this have on currently enrolled devices and policies.

Any things to look out for would be appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AbrahamSanchez
Contributor
Contributor

We started as stand alone, and it was a nightmare to manage.  Moved to AD integrated, and not turning back  With stand alone, we did not like that when a user is termed, you have to manually remove the user from the console.  With AD integrated no issues there.  We are SaaS, and no real complaints there.  AD integrated allows us to stream line process and saves us time with large scale deployments and day-to-day management.  We were so please when we said good bye to stand alone.  As for things to worry about?  Anything tied to AD that's part of your workflow.  Also, it's easy to manage and assign user access in AD.  I would be asking myself what is the difference between integration and stand alone?  Is one more beneficial that the other, and how does moving stream line process and adds value to your organization.  That's where I would start.  Would love to hear how the change works out for you.
0 Kudos
DimitrijPrudkij
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Abraham,
we use AD intergration too but our users we remove manually from console, even if already removed from AD. If you know where can I enabled this setting?
0 Kudos