VMware Workspace ONE Community
morhav88
Contributor
Contributor

Removing Airwatch MDM temporarily in Azure. What will happen with enrolled clients in Workspace One?

Hi there,

I have a question that I have been trying to get an answer to for quite a few weeks now. I was hoping I could get some input here from you guys Smiley Happy

I have a customer who has been using Airwatch/Workspace One for 3 years aprox, which is connected to their Azure AD tenant. We are now about to move them over to Intune, but before we can do that, we need to do some proper testing. One of these things include testing of White Glove, which requires you to ONLY have 1 MDM service active in Azure. That means I have to temporarily remove Airwatch MDM from Azure AD while testing this.

My big question regarding this is: What happens with all the enrolled clients in Workspace One if I remove Airwatch MDM from Azure temporarily? Will they get unenrolled and lose all applications, configurations etc, or will they just stay the same, and I can then add Airwatch MDM in Azure again and configure the tenant connection and no harm is done? The clients are to be enrolled in Intune in the next coming months, but my biggest nightmare would be that they get completely wiped of business apps and configurations because of this.

Thanks in advance for any help or input.

//Morten

0 Kudos
1 Reply
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

I don't believe devices will be affected other than failing to authenticate. However, I would imagine re-adding it back in Azure may come with a different ID than the original one? Not sure.

0 Kudos