VMware Workspace ONE Community
iceman76
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Redirecting Horimzon-folder to UNC Path ?

Hello,

in Release 1.5.2 (1444866) of Workspace Client for Windows it is possible to redirect a client's workspace folder. According to the Release notes it has to be a mapped drive. Is it possible to use a UNC-Path here ?

Best regards

Carsten

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yes it is most definitely possible.. Here's an example of installation parameter using the username variable and a UNC path:

workspace agent.exe /v DATA_SYNC_FOLDER=\\ServerName\ShareName\^%USERNAME%\Horizon

Make sure to remember the escape character ^ if using variables.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yes it is most definitely possible.. Here's an example of installation parameter using the username variable and a UNC path:

workspace agent.exe /v DATA_SYNC_FOLDER=\\ServerName\ShareName\^%USERNAME%\Horizon

Make sure to remember the escape character ^ if using variables.

0 Kudos
iceman76
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You were right - it works. But now there is another problem.  Existing users have the location in their registry. And even unlinking the client does not remove the settign from the registry. I deleted the keys manually, registered the client and the new path on the network share was used.

Any idea how to force the removal of the registry key? I could do it with some scripts on logon, but i would like to avoid that...

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yeah, don't really have anything for you on that one.. I guess a script somehow.. We don't offer something in the client really..

0 Kudos