VMware Workspace ONE Community
syarbrou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Recycling / Shredding devices

Not specifically a WS1 question, but figured this would be a universal need.  I have some devices that I am considering EOL.  5 years old and no more OS updates.  Now put in a position where I need to figure out how to recycle these. Our normal company that we use won't touch Apple devices as they say they have built in batteries and would need to take them apart which is timely and most people do not destroy them as they still have residual value.  That doesn't help me if my office is stacked with old iPad's we can't use so anyone have thoughts on this?  I talked to Apple and they are still evaluating if their recycling program is just for consumers or beyond.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
sturmanc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We have a contract with Lifespan Technology for recycling Apple devices.
0 Kudos
MarkHagen
Contributor
Contributor

We have been very pleased with the service we get from BuyBack Solutions, in OK City, OK. Contact Jesi Hammond. Link to their site: https://buybacksolutions.net/

We only have iOS devices, and they recycle/dispose in a responsible manner. We get pennies back on the dollar value of the old iOS devices, but are content knowing that the usable devices are resold/repurposed and parts are handled in an environmentally friendly manner.

Over the past year, we have sent nearly 400 devices to BuyBack and have recouped almost $10,000.
0 Kudos