VMware Workspace ONE Community
ErnestGross
Contributor
Contributor

Re-Enrolling DEP Device.

Hi Guys.  Anyone ever had to Re-enroll an iPad to a different user without having to Device Wipe the thing?  Thought you can do it from Hub but theres no option that i can see. 
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
anonymousmigrat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Ernest,

Yes. From the WS1 console you can delete the device, then re-enroll.

Assuming you are using VPP apps as long as you DON’T have the HUB app setting to remove on unenroll the Hub app won’t get removed. This enables the next user to just pick up the device and get re-enrolled without the need to download HUB again.

-Danny V.
0 Kudos
HugoA_EOG
Contributor
Contributor

Previously, using the Hub app on iOS, if you go to ' This Device'  and then to ' Enrollment,'  there was a red ' Re-Enroll'  button you can press to start the re-enrollment process.

What we have encountered before is that some devices lost connectivity to AirWatch. The hub app says it's syncing and if you go to the Device profile under the AW Console, the summary page says it's syncing. But if you check under the profile and apps tabs under the device, they are not syncing for days. So none of the profile and apps are being pushed. At this point, I consider the device and AW has lost sync. I can only fix the issue by ' re-enrolling'  the device. To do this, I delete the device profile from AW Console and then proceed to re-enroll from the hub agent without performing a device wipe.

Now unfortunately, the option to re-enroll has been removed. The only option now is to perform factory reset (device wipe) on device and enroll from Remote Management start up. Is this what others here are facing too? How are you re-enrolling or fixing iOS devices when you can't sync between the device and AW Console?
0 Kudos
antherITguy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Anyone know of a way to get the ' Re-Enroll'  option back in the Hub app?  Is there a setting within WS1 that needs to be enabled?
0 Kudos
RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

If you don't erase the device there will be issues with DEP devices. The DEP troubleshooting states
' How to unenroll DEP devices
To reenroll a device with a different user, send a Device Wipe command from the AirWatch Console and enter the new user credentials during configuration.'
https://support.workspaceone.com/articles/115001663928
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

If you are using DEP, then you are most likely locking your MDM profile in place. In which case there is no way to re-enroll a device without wiping it. They removed the option because it was actually enabling lost mode on the device and causing much further problem.

You can check your settings by going to ' All Settings - Devices & Users - Apple - Apple iOS'  and seeing if the option ' Disable Unenroll Option in Intelligent Hub'  is enabled or not.

0 Kudos