VMware Workspace ONE Community
BrianMalone
Contributor
Contributor

Pushing a PDF to iPhones without Content Locker

I have been asked to provide all our iPhone users with a copy of our corporate phonebook as a PDF document.

I have attempted this with the Books features but its not as user friendly as we would liike to it be,  also it can't be updated as needed without removing the document from the phones and pushing a new version. 

we are not licensed for Content Locker for all users so that's not an option we can use for the general population. 

I would like to try deploying a free PDF viewer app with a parameter to inslude the phonebook file ads the default document. 

Has ayone had any success with something like this?

Thanks,

Brian Malone

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
lazyGhost
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe a webclip to the PDF hosted on an internal URL? If you have tunnel, this would be a use case where it shines.

0 Kudos
BrianMalone
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

After a couple of major network outages, the top dogs asked to have an offline copy of the corporate phonebook on all our phones in the event the onlie phonebook was unavailable.  

I have now installed Secure Content Locker to all phones and pushed the pdf doc to them.  That works fine.  It would be nice to have an icon on the phone so that they don't have to hunt for the content locker app first. 

Thanks for the response. 

0 Kudos