VMware Workspace ONE Community
Sean_Kane
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Push Profile Fails after 1811 Upgrade

Hi All, i just upgraded to 1811 and everything is working OK except I cannot deploy profiles to devices. I am able to remove profiles from devices, I just can't install them.
When I open the troubleshooting tab > Commands > Set Filters to ALL - I can see that the Install Profile Command appears with a Queued status then immediately changes to Removed.
AWCM seems to be healthy, when i go to the service URL page and run a test it is green.
Also, DEP gives an Invalid Profile message when trying to enroll a DEP device. When I enter the login info in the DEP Remote management screen, it authenticates me and then says invalid profile. If I search for that device in the device list it shows up as Enrollment in Progress and is stuck.

I'm stumped. Any thoughts?
Sean
Labels (1)
13 Replies
ManishKumarMani
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Seam,
Are you receiving ' invalid Profile'  error.
Can you login to Airwatch Web Console, While on Global OG --> click on ' group and Settings'  --> Groups --> organization groups and Details

If you see a error, then most likely you ran into a issue, which according to Airwatch customer support few customers are facing and it will be fixed in future release.
i have a case opened and following up on release date for patch, i would suggest you to open a case with Airwatch support
0 Kudos
Sean_Kane
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Manish,

Yes, i see this error. Interesting. So, what was your fix? Did you have to roll back to a previous version of AirWatch because as of right now I can't enroll devices and I cant push profiles.
0 Kudos
ManishKumarMani
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Sean,
No fix yet, we only upgraded our QA infra. So it’s not bigger issue for us. We are waiting for patch to fix the issue from Airwatch.
You can open case with Airwatch support and request for patch too. Or if you have backup of DB and VM instance you could plan to rollback
0 Kudos
Sean_Kane
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks Manish, well that would suck but I guess good thing I took snapshots and backups, etc... Grr, why would they have 1811 out if it was going to be a pile of junk.

I have an incident open with AW right now, will see if they tell me to roll back.
0 Kudos
Sean_Kane
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In case you are in search of the solution to this behavior, there is a fix (I recommend getting AW help for this) but here is what my specific problem was.
Upon executing the following query on our AirWatch Database:

select DefaultLocationID, LocationGroupID, t2.LocationID,t2.PrimaryLocationGroupID from locationgroup t1
left join location t2
on t1.locationgroupid = t2.PrimaryLocationGroupID

We found that there are two tables which retain the DefaultLocationID in the database. During the 1811 upgrade, it changes the DefaultLocationID. What happens to create the behavior that Manish and I were experiencing is the 1811 upgrade fails to update one of the tables. So, the DefaultLocationID information is mismatched and that created this behavior.

The instant the AW support person fixed it so they matched, profile deployments and DEP enrollments worked again. Even the ' Global OG Error'  that Manish mentioned above is fixed.

So, long story short, if you get this behavior, I recommend opening an AW ticket and have them check if your DefaultLocationID information is mismatched in the two tables.

Sean
0 Kudos
ManishKumarMani
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Sean for update
0 Kudos
ShaunBinkley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey guys, I've been planning an upgrade from 9.7 to 1811. I've seen a couple of articles with similar stories, would you advise to avoid this version? Perhaps upgrade to 1810 and wait for 1902?
0 Kudos
Sean_Kane
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Shaun, That's a great question. Will the ' bug'  carry over from 1811 to 1902? Only time will tell. At the very least, if you go to 1811 you know what to check for and what to call AW support about the instant the behavior presents itself. It is pretty much immediate. I could delete and install apps via the console. I could also delete profiles. I just could not install profiles. I would also get a profile error when doing a DEP device enrollment.
0 Kudos
ShaunBinkley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Good point, cheers Sean.
0 Kudos
ShaunBinkley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Upgraded to 1811 last night, all post checks complete. Able to enroll, push profiles, apps etc. No issues from what I can see with our instance.
0 Kudos
Sean_Kane
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Glad to hear it Shaun!
0 Kudos
Tommy_JOS
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Sean,

is there any patch which has fixed this issue?
0 Kudos
Sean_Kane
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Tommy, I'm not aware of one. The fix was something that Support had to take care of for me.
0 Kudos