VMware Workspace ONE Community
kamugasha
Contributor
Contributor

Push MacOS patch Updates

We are trying to push Patch updates to our MAC devices and wanted to know if there is a script or a way to automatically do that.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mpdiscovery
Contributor
Contributor

Look into super @ https://github.com/Macjutsu/super

We have been using it and seems to be working very well.

trobertson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

With Monterey I was able to add it to my purchased apps via Apple Business Mgr.  I have noticed that it automatically updates to the latest release (Currently 12.4 as of 5/16/22).  I assign it to an Assignment Group based on Platform and Operating System = Apples macOS Less than macOS Monterey 12.x.x.  Whenever I want to push out update request I just update the "Less than" setting in the Smart Group.

I also created a policy to assist with pushing the update using a hubcli notify script.

ws1Capture.PNG

trobertson_0-1652993834527.png

0 Kudos
anilspp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for sharing.

0 Kudos
omruss
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I know this thread is a few months old but I am trying this script out and wondering how you get past the unable to locate jamf binary at: /usr/local/bin/jamf error. I'm sure there was something in the file that I should not have installed. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
mpdiscovery
Contributor
Contributor

Read the docs/help (/path/to/super --help) . Since you are on WS1 - you need to set --no-prefer-jamf flag in the command or configuration profile

omruss
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you! I found that when I installed it locally yesterday and got it to work so I appreciate the response. I am going to test pushing it out to a few test Macs this morning and see what I get.

0 Kudos