VMware Workspace ONE Community
boprcsoftware
Contributor
Contributor

Purchased app deployed using AirWatch not working

Hi

We have an app that we have purchase using the Apple VPP and have deployed to our iOS phones using AirWatch but this app is not working, users not getting login page.

However I install the same app from the Apple app store it works correctly.

The app is QuipCheck.

boprcsoftware_0-1607389607716.png

I have tried removing the app from the device and re-installing from the Catalog but this still fails to work correctly.

The app is set to Auto-Update in AirWatch and shows the same version as the one in the Apple app store.

I have deployed the same app to an iOS iPad using the Catalog, and it works correctly.

Can anybody advise me what can cause this and how can I get AirWatch to deploy the correct device version.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DimitrijPrudkij
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

may be is that your problem:

DimitrijPrudkij_0-1607423554307.png

0 Kudos
boprcsoftware
Contributor
Contributor

There is definitely something odd going on. We have been using QuipCheck, deployed through AirWatch, for the last 2 years without issue. Staff are almost all using their iPhones to do the checks. If I look in AirWatch I can see all devices are compatible. It also shows both iPad and iPhone screen shots in the app store for the QuipCheck app.

QuipCheck.JPG

0 Kudos
boprcsoftware
Contributor
Contributor

There is Microsoft issue around iOS mainly v14.2. The issue is that certain apps compiled by 3rd party products when compiling the code, particularly with apps built using Xamarin. Only an issue when deployed via any MDM. There is no eta from Microsoft. Microsoft have to update their frameworks to resolve this issue.

0 Kudos
manfer1
Contributor
Contributor

We are experiencing the same issue where the app crashes and closes before presenting the login prompt if installed from the catalog, but works from the App Store.  The problem is when we install from the App store as a workaround, if the app is updated by the vendor, it gets pushed out again from the app store and we end up with the same issue.  Does anyone know how to configure an app on catalog to not push new updates?  If we simply remove the app it would uninstall it on all devices including those not affected by the issue.  Thanks

0 Kudos
boprcsoftware
Contributor
Contributor

You can disable Auto-Updates in the console. 

boprcsoftware_0-1608504268397.png

0 Kudos