VMware Workspace ONE Community
PhilDAngelo
Contributor
Contributor

Public Apps not appearing as option in Android Launcher Profile

I recently enrolled in Google EMM for my Android devices. Previously i was using the Legacy version. The profiles I set up using the Launcher under the Legacy profile showed my public apps. When I create a non-Legacy profile no apps appear when I try to create a profile that contains the Launcher. Any ideas?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JavierGarzn
Contributor
Contributor

What application you have to publish your launcher, I just implemented a project on Android with public applications, and inhouse and they were published correctly, make sure you do several things.
First log in to PLay / work with your account that you registered to enroll the EMM, validate in your managed applications and export them to apps and books in your console.

Once there you assign them to your desired groups (smartgroups) and two then assign them in the laucher and the launcher assign it to the same smartGroup from the previous point, I hope it serves you, happy afternoon.
0 Kudos
BethC
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Oh, no one told you that you were gonna have to go approve all of your public apps again? Don't feel bad, they didn't tell me either! Not to fret, this will not remove the app from anyone's device.

Go to public tab, click on add application, search the play store for your app and add it like you would usually do. You will go through a series of screens asking you to ' approve'  blah blah blah... assignment won't change save and publish. DONE! You will now be able to see the apps in the launcher profile. Yes you have to do this for ALL of them. Once it's done though you are good to go.
0 Kudos