VMware Workspace ONE Community
ibizwu
Contributor
Contributor

Provisioning Full Disk Access for applications on macOS?

Does anyone know how I can provision Full Disk Access for applications on macOS? For example, I deployed BItDefener and was able to get past the Kernel Extension with a profile but I still have to currently have the user go in and manually provide Full Disk Access. We discovered this is a problem when pushing out updates automatically. Some users go on with their business without providing Full Disk Access so BitDefender is technically not working even though it shows as compliant.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
paul_eddy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi ibizwu, 

I have a similiar issue like you. at the following link, it looks like somebody got it running in WS1: https://communities.vmware.com/t5/Workspace-ONE-Discussions/Privacy-Preference-profile-example-for-V... 

Maybe this helps you. This guy in the link has set up a profile to grant full disc access. i did it the same way and it looks like its working. However this only shows up within the profiles (system preferences -> Profil) it does not show up in Security & Privacy -> Privacy -> Full Disk Access. 

Maybe you can give mie a hand too. I try to set up a Kernel extension, not for BitDefender but some other Anti-Virus. Can you post a screenshot what you have entered within the KEXT or the System Extension?

Some day ago, ifound a german Apple artical which said, that some kernel extensions only work if the device is within the apple business portal. Maybe it is the same with the full access profiles for the local harddisk

Many Thanks. 

paul_eddy

0 Kudos