VMware Workspace ONE Community
DSK92
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Profiles and compliance policies for Android and WIndows

Hi

We're having problems with profiles and compliance policies not running nor registering our devices that consist of Android 10, 13 and Windows 11.

In our current setup we have disabled Android legacy. Interestingly when viewing device info on our android phones, they all show Android Legacy. I've attached a screenshot on this.

If anyone has a fix, please share. 🙂

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ogushia
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

I see.
That setting defines Hub Registered Mode, a setting that allows devices to be registered in UEM without MDM management.
So if you want to manage device with MDM management, you need to set it to DISABLED.

In my case, if I set this to ENABLED, my android device was registered with Android (Legacy) like your case.
I was able to enroll in Android Enterprise mode(my case Work Profile) by setting it to DISABLED.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ogushia
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,
I've had similar issues before.
Could you please tell a little more?
-Whether management mode for Android is Enabled or Disabled (Devices & Users>General>Enrollment>Management Mode)

ogushia_0-1670480292841.png

0 Kudos
DSK92
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi ogushia thanks for replying

Yes we have management mode enabled for Android devices. From my understanding the blue info box above states that if disabled, enrolling android through intelligent hub should enable it by default. That's what we use so should be good either way for our purpose

0 Kudos
ogushia
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

I see.
That setting defines Hub Registered Mode, a setting that allows devices to be registered in UEM without MDM management.
So if you want to manage device with MDM management, you need to set it to DISABLED.

In my case, if I set this to ENABLED, my android device was registered with Android (Legacy) like your case.
I was able to enroll in Android Enterprise mode(my case Work Profile) by setting it to DISABLED.

DSK92
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You're absolutely right. Enabling them allows for enrollment without MDM.

As advised, I disabled Management Mode on Android and my devices are now registered as"UEM Managed". This was set to "Hub registered" before. I can finally force policies etc.

I owe you. Thanks a ton 🙂