VMware Workspace ONE Community
DANYBOUFFARD
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Problem with Boxer configuration in Android for work

Hi,

I am testing Android for work with various eMail applications and I managed to configure test for Microsoft Outlook, Samsung Email and it work correctly. I just approved Samsung Email for it to work and entered the configurations key.

But when I try using VMWare boxer, Workspace one does not seem to be sending the configuration I made to VMWare Boxer, so it's not configuring the Email properly and it does not work.

Also I have a second question, many of our users like to use calendar widget on the homescreen, is there a way to have Managed widget on homescreen ?

Thank in advance
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jmosh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Dany,

I had the same issue with using Boxer.. The problem is that if you already have the app installed you have to uninstall the it then reinstall it for the config to come down. It could also be that your configuration is incorrect (this will cause the app to not function as expected).

Re the calendar widget... i haven't found a way to do this myself as technically the work app would be outside of the workspace which goes against the AFW/COPE model. If you do find out how to do that let me know haha
0 Kudos
Boe_K
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey Dany and Jeff Boxer has a widget and can be accessed just like any other widget on the device. They added this feature awhile back I don't remember which specific release.
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Did you guys try configuring VMware Boxer with the regular profile?
0 Kudos
gtstick
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Dany, once you create the Device Profile for Boxer and enable the Boxer Public app then it should work once you re-enroll the device again in Airwatch. Also verify the device is under the correct Smart Groups and pulling the profiles you setup. If all that has been verified then it has to be something with the configuration not matching with other configs you have set in Airwatch.
0 Kudos