VMware Workspace ONE Community
schoppen73
Contributor
Contributor

Problem inviting external Users

Hi all,

we have installed Workspace 1.8.1 and a few days ago everything worked fine.

Now we have the problem that when we want to share a folder to an external user, after clicking the link in the mail the user gets the error message:

HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /service/virtualaccountprov/acceptShare. Reason:

invalid request: no shares discovered

The user also doesn't appear in the guest users section in workspace admin.

At the shared folder we have the symbol for "shared folder" and the user appears in the share dialog.

Everything works with users that have an account synchronized from AD. Also everything is fine if sharing single documents / files to anywhere.

Thanks for any help!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

I have also seen this but have no explanation, it works for one user but not for another.

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
sravuri
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Do you see any further errors in mailbox.log when the guest user accepts the share?

0 Kudos
schoppen73
Contributor
Contributor

When the guest user klicks the link i get the following in mailbox.log:

ERROR ..... share - Unable to handle request

com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: invalid request: no shares discovered

ExceptionId:qtp1151716620-5048:https://.........

followed by many many many java-messages.

But in the meantime i found another error.

When creating a folder i get the error:

(Timer-Zimbra) share - Error during ACL push for mailbox 1   (-> or mailbox 2, mailbox 3)

com.zimbra.cs.ldap.LdapException$LdapEntryNotFoundException: entry not found - unable to create entry: no such object

ExceptionId:Timer-Zimbra:1398426984643:7cda417871552ee3

Code:ldap.ENTRY_NOT_FOUND

Caused by: LDAPException(resultCode=32 (no such object), errorMessage='no such object', matchedDN='cn=files,cn=tenants,cn=hzndata')

In the web client the folder seems to be created normally and i even can upload files to it.

0 Kudos
RaviChayanam
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello Did you install 1.8.1 server directly or was your server at a lower version upgraded to 1.8.1? If it's an upgrade, can you tell us what you were running before?

0 Kudos
schoppen73
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.

it was a fresh install of v1.5, then updatet to 1.8, followed by installing the heartbleed-patch and closed with updating to 1.8.1.

Unfortunately i don't know at which step the error occured. Mentionable that there where problems updating the vApp. Had to restart the update two or three times.

Just for testing I've installed a second vApp now with version 1.8.1 fresh install and there everything works fine.

0 Kudos
sravuri
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

It looks like the multiple trials of update caused some problems. Are you okay with using the new install or do you still need to use updated instance?

0 Kudos
schoppen73
Contributor
Contributor

For this time its OK to use / to do a completely fresh reinstall. But in a few days we start the productive environment and then the updates have to work! I also don't really know, what was the problem with updating.

For the updates:

will there be the possibility to download the update files and then do the update from a local ressource?

0 Kudos