VMware Workspace ONE Community
dhenderson00
Contributor
Contributor

Preview of Files Doesn't Work

Weirdest thing.  My Files don't preview in my horizon installation.  I installed the Libre Office preview pack and restarted the zimbra mailbox as the directions said.  Anybody have any ideas?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sravuri
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Can you check the mailbox.log in /opt/zimbra/log folder in your data-va?

0 Kudos
eucluke
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I am in the same boat, Libre Office would not work for me so I installed a fresh Server 2008R2 VM, installed Office 2010 64bit, turned off UAC, installed the VMware Horizon Preview Server application, configured my data-va VM and still no luck.

PDF/Images show, but any office based documents (Word, PP, Excel) just keep failing.

I checked the mailbox.log in /opt/zimbra/log, and I keep getting this repeated:

2013-04-17 14:21:40, 621 INFO [MailboxPurge] [name=luke.peters@..............;mid=4;] purge - Purging messages

2013-04-17 14:22:40, 637 INFO [MailboxPurge] [name=horizon.admin@.........;mid=11;] purge - Purging messages

Any ideas or other logs to check?

Thanks

0 Kudos
mlross
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I ran into the same issue and checked through the logs. I saw some errors about socket time out connections.

I checked my Windows server setup with the Preview software and saw that the Windows Firewall was running for the Domain zone. I turned this off and was then able to preview office documents.

0 Kudos
eucluke
Contributor
Contributor

mlross, you absolute legend that solved it for me! The documentation from VMware does not talk about the preview server firewall, I suspect a lot of people will run into this.

I just had a word with my contact at VMware about this, so he's going to check it out and I'll report back here as to which ports are actually needed for this to work with the domain firewall up.

Cheers

0 Kudos