VMware Workspace ONE Community
fabry70
Contributor
Contributor

Preparing for the Upgrade to Horizon Workspace 1.5

Hello everybody

I need to upgrade a base installation of Horizon Workspace used as a pilot. Following the documentation in order to prepare the environment, I found the following instructions:

- Verify that Horizon Workspace is installed and properly configured

- Take a snapshot of the vApp to back it up. See vSphere documentation for more information on taking a snapshot.

- Take a snapshot of the vApp to back it up. See vSphere documentation for more information on taking a snapshot.

- Ensure that Horizon Workspace can resolve and reach vapp-updates.vmware.com on port 80 over HTTP

I didn't find a way to "Take a snapshot of the vApp" before the upgrade. Should I take a snapshot of each single VM (may be powering off the entire vApp before)  in the Vapp or there is a wat to take a, let me say, "consistent snapshot" of the entire vApp? And after the upgrade shoul I consolidate all the snapshots included the existing base snapshot created by the initial installation procedure?

Thanks a lot for your help

RGDS

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sravuri
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes, you will need to take a snap of each VM.

After the upgrade to 1.5, yes, you can consolidate all the snapshots. In 1.5, we eliminated the need to keep the base snapshots around.

0 Kudos
fabry70
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks a lot for your answer; just to update you; we succeded in downloading correctly the software from the configurator-va so we had been able to proceed to upgrade the whole system to the 1.5.

0 Kudos