VMware Workspace ONE Community
mjpagan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Post deployment questions

I got the vApp setup and I have most things working but I have two open items that I haven't figured out on my own:

-Where can I make changes to the Active Directory OU where Workspace looks for users?

-How to I get Workspace to see a ThinApp share?

I've poked around the UI and searched the support docs but haven't found my answers yet.  Anyone have any tips for me?

Mike Pagán MCITP:EA, MCSE, VCAP5-DCA, VCAP5-DCD,VCP 5, VCP5-DT, CCNA, A+
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sravuri
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You will have to use the connector admin UI to do both those tasks.

Please login to the connector admin UI going to https://<connector hostname>/hc/admin/

Please note the trailing slash.

Then, login with the password you set for the admin user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sravuri
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You will have to use the connector admin UI to do both those tasks.

Please login to the connector admin UI going to https://<connector hostname>/hc/admin/

Please note the trailing slash.

Then, login with the password you set for the admin user.

0 Kudos
mjpagan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks, I was able to see those options in there.

Do you have a source for more information on the product.  I've got the Workspace Reviewer's guide and the official documentation but either I'm not reading it correctly or its not complete yet.  Maybe I need to wait for someone in the community to write something up and live less on the cutting edge.

Mike Pagán MCITP:EA, MCSE, VCAP5-DCA, VCAP5-DCD,VCP 5, VCP5-DT, CCNA, A+
0 Kudos
sravuri
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

To change the OU where the workspace looks for users, you have to click on Directory and change the Base DN.

At a high level, To enable ThinApps, you need a windows CIFS share and add the ThinApps to it. You have to make sure the connector is joined to the domain and then, use that share path in the connector admin UI.