VMware Workspace ONE Community
BalintHompot
Contributor
Contributor

Pivotal mac migration

Pivotal Mac migration problem:

As soon as I open my computer, i get a Pivotal mac migration popup, which tells me to migrate to vmware workspace one immediately, it's way past due.

Here is the problem: I don't have anything from vmware, I don't have an account (i just made one to post this question), I don't even know what this company is doing. The popup cannot be closed, I cannot migrate (cause I don't have anything), and I can't get help because I don't have any software or an account.

Right now I just have a huge popup which prevents me from working, cannot be closed or handled in any way. Please let me know how to get rid of it

(and in the meantime please explain me how is it possible that a company that i never heard of and don't have any relation with puts a non closable popup that blocks half of my screen) 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Where did you get your Mac from?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
BalintHompot
Contributor
Contributor

I bought it used from a guy who was also not the first user. But it was completely reset when i bought it.

0 Kudos
BalintHompot
Contributor
Contributor

Any news on this one? It's still there

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

My guess is that this device is enrolled using DEP, which means its a corporate device and it seems that the device was not removed from the DEP portal of the company you are seeing.

Could be that it is either not removed correctly or it is stolen.

0 Kudos
BalintHompot
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the answer. What can I do now to make this disappear? As I said, I bought the computer from someone who bought it from a refurbished mac store, and I have absolutely no way of figuring where it was before that.

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Go back to the store wher the other owner bought it from, the refurbished store. I'm afraid that's your only option for as far as I can see. You did o a factory reset allready? That might just fix the issue. Otherwise my guess is that you can't do anything with it.

0 Kudos