VMware Workspace ONE Community
JacquesPerrolle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Pass Enrollment Credentials To Wi-Fi Profiles?

I haven't been able to find if this is even possible...To date we've not used Wi-Fi profiles for Android or iOS devices, but things have changed and management would like this to happen.

Is it possible to pass enrollment credentials from the Hub enrollment to a Wi-Fi profile so the profile will automatically connect with the correct credentials to wireless? Obviously this would happen after Hub enrollment being connected to an alternate SSID or cell service.

If so, can you give some details on how this is done?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
pverdieu
Contributor
Contributor

Bonjour Jacques,

I myself am pretty new in WS1 so I won't be able to give you details on how this was done; just giving you ideas.  In our implementation, we're using device certificates to connect to the internal WiFi.  Those certificates come from our internal ADCS infrastructure, and are generated/managed automatically from WS1 per device.  Advantage of that solution is that there's no way for the shared password to be compromised as there aren't any...  

Good Luck!

0 Kudos
JacquesPerrolle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

For sure, 802.1x would work, but that isn't in scope currently (unfortunately). But it's likely the best option. Thanks for responding!

0 Kudos