VMware Workspace ONE Community
J4yJ4y
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Out of date. App assigned but not installed -- Android Enterprise

I have Apps deployed automatically for Android enterprise managed devices. But recently the Apps aren't pushed automatically anymore.

Hovering over the individual Apps in the device details in the UEM Console, this message is displayed; ' Out of date. App assigned but not installed, last action taken: None. Timestamp:None' .

Both from the WS1 UEM Console and on the device (In the Intelligent Hub App), I can manually install the App from a published list.

What can be the reason the auto deployment is not functioning anymore?

Context :
WS1 UEM SaaS 19.10.0.7 (1910)
WS1 Access SaaS
Device Android 9

Labels (1)
28 Replies
anonymousmigrat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have the same issue
0 Kudos
SethStevens
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue.  Auto deployment for Android apps isn't working, and manually pushing the app is showing only mild success.  Manually installing the app fails, and when I try to push it out, I get ' Out-of-date. App assigned but not installed, Last action taken: Install command failed'  and that's it.  Pretty darn vague.

Have you been able to figure this out, OP?
0 Kudos
J4yJ4y
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Issue occurs quite rare, but no solution yet.
SethStevens
Contributor
Contributor

That's unfortunate.  This is holding up my deployment of Workspace One mobile SSO, so I've opened a ticket.  I'll reply with anything we find out.
0 Kudos
J4yJ4y
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I did mobile SSO of Android and iOS deployments too , but did not encounter the issue there.
0 Kudos
bacrob
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have the same problem with WS1 UEM On-Premises (20.1.0.2).

Has any solution been found?

Thanks

0 Kudos
DmitryKurdenkov
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi everyone!

Did you set up to re-approve manually apps in your google enterprise account if any changes are applied to this app by developer in play store?

I would check this as a first step. Out of date state seems to point to this, may be.

0 Kudos
MattDermody
Contributor
Contributor

I've heard reports from EMM admins in other communities that the Play services seem to be very slow for them right now. Significant delays with the installation of mandatory apps, regardless of the EMM.

0 Kudos
jerk_store
Contributor
Contributor

I am definitely seeing this issue occur, but yesterday was the worst day so far.  It was hit or miss with most apps, when being pushed and no 'auto' deployments have been working for a few weeks. 

0 Kudos
MattDermody
Contributor
Contributor

This is honestly why I don't trust Managed Play for any mission critical application installs in AEDO environments. The lack of version control is bad enough but when you throw in inconsistencies in deployment times like this it makes you call into question why we trust Google to properly support mission critical device deployments. The entire argument of being able to leverage the worldwide network of Play servers doesn't seem to hold up to the real world usage scenarios.

0 Kudos
MattDermody
Contributor
Contributor

Official response confirms that it was a Google issue.

VMware Knowledge Base

0 Kudos
Vinay5166
Contributor
Contributor

Getting error for the iPads as well.

'Out of date. App assigned but not installed"

Is there any solution or workaround for it ?

0 Kudos
gmc1979
Contributor
Contributor

Good morning,

I'm having the same problem with both private and public apps, that's the message:

Out-of-date. App assigned but not installed,

Last Action Taken : None,

Timestamp : None

I think it is a problem of 2001 because in 2004 the installations work perfectly. In fact also the app assignment and configuration section changed a lot and for the better in 2004.

Nobody still has these problems on 2001?

Thanks,

Gianmarco

0 Kudos
stadlmeierrolan
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

we are still on 2001 Patch 12 on-prem and now enroll several devices to COPE. Today I had the first device with this error. I did a parallel enrollment of another device and this worked without problems.

Can you confirm this is solved in 2005 on-prem? Or is there maybe another solution/workaround for this issue? I checked the release notes but didn't find any adequate entry which could hit this issue.

I didn't do an update yet as I wanted to wait until the patch for Android 11 is out for 2005.

Thank you,

Roland

0 Kudos
binliucs
Contributor
Contributor

the issue was initially seen on the Android enterprise work profile. but lately I have seen on iOS as well. We have SSO configured too. (not sure if it's related).

I found a workaround:

go to your mobile settings for date and time, change the time zone from auto to your local city. The auto assigned apps will be installed right away. After the app installed, you can change it back to auto. (One UK users from my company has to change to an US location to get the apps, as London time is not working either, or we didn't wait long enough).

I am opening an support ticket with VMware on this, found this communication forum topic while I was creating the ticket. Can't believe this issue has been so long since last year.

0 Kudos
stadlmeierrolan
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I currently have a case open but no findings yet on VMware side.

But I have referred to your post here in my current case.

Do you already have a case open at VMware? Can you please tell me the case# so I could refer to?

Anyway, we had this issue on Android only so far - not on iOS. Meantime I did an upgrade to 20.08 - not sure if this maybe solved the issue.

Thank you

0 Kudos
rsaulitis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We had also the same issue (Out of date. App assigned but not installed -- Android Enterprise). In our situation Android had system update, after installing android update app's installed automatically immediately. No idea if it's related or not.

0 Kudos
binliucs
Contributor
Contributor

Here is the case# if that helps anyone. SR20161849510.

I have also reference this forum discussion with my VMware support engineer so he is aware.

0 Kudos
hyper83
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Guys,

have you found a solution? I have the same issue, opened already a case, but no solution at the moment. Our console version is 20.8.0.9.

Thank you!

0 Kudos