VMware Workspace ONE Community
ChristophBaecke
Contributor
Contributor

OnPrem-DB-Update 19.09.0.4 fails (coming from 19.07.0.18)

Hello there, today we tried an update on a customers lab-environment (Servers are 2016-1607, SQL 2014) which failed during the DB-Update-phase with the following error:

2019-10-24 07:05:32.737 ... done dbo.TimeZone.seed.sql .Net SqlClient Data Provider: Msg 242, Level 16, State 3, Line 24
The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range datetime value Script execution error.

The executed script: PRINT (CONVERT (VARCHAR (24), GETUTCDATE(), 121)) + ' ... Starting Post Deployment'; SET NOCOUNT ON; DECLARE @COMMIT_ID AS NVARCHAR (50) = '5cc4a529043738fa8785bd7df644dd89e3bd0f9e'; DECLARE @BUILD_ID AS NVARCHAR (255) = 'BTA-ACRPAT18-6'; IF EXISTS (SELECT * FROM sys.objects WHERE object_id = OBJECT_ID(N'dbo.UpgradeHistory') AND type IN (N'U')) AND NOT EXISTS (SELECT 1 FROM dbo.UpgradeHistory) BEGIN INSERT INTO dbo.UpgradeHistory (MajorVersion, MinorVersion, Revision, HotFix, Description, StartTime, PerformedBy, CommitID, BuildKey) VALUES (19, 9, '4', 0, '1909 Contains major feature enhancements', GETUTCDATE(), SUSER_NAME(), @COMMIT_ID, @BUILD_ID); END IF ('$(InstallType)' <> 'U') BEGIN PRINT 'Disabling Constraints'; EXECUTE USP_DISABLE_ALL ; END EXECUTE dbo.SystemCode_DeleteObsolete ; EXECUTE dbo.SystemCodeGroup_DeleteObsolete ; EXECU An error occurred while the batch was being executed. Updating database (Failed)

Reverted back to previous state, so no problem. Any ideas what could be the root cause on customer side? Regards, Christoph

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
LukasSchfer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey Christoph, I had the same error right now. Take a look to your error message: ' Data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range datetime ' .
In my case it helped, that we changed the language of the WSO SQL Service Account from German to English (German comma = English dot' 
For changing the language take a look to: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/15705983/how-to-change-default-language-for-sql-server
0 Kudos
ChristophBaecke
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Lukas,

thank you very much! Provided with your perfect explanation it does make both sense and works!

Best Regards,

Christoph
0 Kudos
LukasSchfer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Bute be aware. I think there a bug in the Application installer: https://support.workspaceone.com/posts/360037215653
0 Kudos
ChristophBaecke
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, having an eye on that as well. Staying with 1907 in Production-Environments until those issues have been cleared.
0 Kudos
FredericLOUKA
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Lukas, 

Same problem here while upgrading from WS1 UEM 1811 to 2011.

Thanks for the tips: our service account was in french.

In my SQL Server, I put the language to english and retry the installation: it worked !

Thank you

0 Kudos