VMware Workspace ONE Community
PTG92
Contributor
Contributor

On Premise installation issue

Hi,

I'm deploying a v2011 On-Premise installation.

I have all components running correctly on dedicated servers (Database, Console, Device Service + AWCM). I changed the API Site URLs in order to follow the article https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Workspace-ONE-UEM/2011/UEM_Installation/GUID-AWT-VERIFY-SITE-URL.h... 

I can successfuly access the console for advanced (REST API, ACC, Tunnel, ...) and basic configurations (Profiles, Applications). The root OG (not the Global) is configured. AWCM is also reachable.

But when I try to validate the installation with the https://<DS_URL > /DeviceManagement/Enrollment URL as said in the following article https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Workspace-ONE-UEM/2011/UEM_Installation/GUID-AWT-VERIFY-CONNECTIVI... , I'm facing an error : "An error has occured. Something unexpected happened. If the issue persists, please contact your IT administrator".

In the DS server logs, I get the following entry in the DeviceManagement log file :

Error LogUnhandledException !!! UNHANDLED EXCEPTION !!! -- An Exception Was Not Handled By The Application:*** EXCEPTION ***
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
à AirWatch.Enrollment.BusinessImpl.EnrollmentSettings.ResolveModel.ResolveDevicePlatform(String userAgent, Boolean isiPad, String windowsPlatform)
à AW.Console.Web.Mobile.DeviceManagement.Controllers.EnrollmentController.ValidateDefaultParameters(String gid, String app, String ac, Nullable`1 p, Nullable`1 pid, String un, String ea, String eu, String iid, String bid, String appru, Boolean welcome, Boolean groupid, EnrollmentAuthenticationType auth, String redirect_uri, String mode, Boolean isWorkspaceEnrollment, String androidEnrollmentMode)
à lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] )
à System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters)
à System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)
à System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<BeginInvokeSynchronousActionMethod>b__39(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ActionInvocation innerInvokeState)
à System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult`2.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
à System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethod(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
à System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3d()
à System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<>c__DisplayClass46.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3f()
à System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<>c__DisplayClass46.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3f()
à System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethodWithFilters(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
à System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass21.<>c__DisplayClass2b.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1c()
à System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass21.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1e(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
à System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
à System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<BeginExecuteCore>b__1d(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ExecuteCoreState innerState)
à System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
à System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
à System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
à System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
à System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState)
à System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
à System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
à System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)AW_Logging_Exception_Logged:True;AW_Logging_Exception_Data_Count:1;AW_Logging_Exception_Log_Message:!!! UNHANDLED EXCEPTION !!! -- An Exception Was Not Handled By The Application:; Method: LogUnhandledException;

The log timestamp matches the time of test on the Enrolment URL.

Has anyone here faced this issue on a fresh install or upgrade ?
Thanks.

Mathieu

Labels (1)
4 Replies
magnusbg89
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue. Did you ever find a solution?

Br Magz

0 Kudos
PTG92
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

You can just safely ignore this error.
In the documentation, it is said to test the Enrollment URL from a browser from a server of your WSO installation (so a Windows Server). However, since the recent versions, an internal error is displayed from Windows browser. In the previous versions (tested on a 1903 OnPrem deployment), a blank page was displayed.
To validate the OnPrem installation, the right test is to open the Enrollment URL from a mobile device browser such as IOS or Android. If the install is correct, you should be prompted for the Group ID for enrollment.
Don't forget to correctly set the OG ID of the root OG (not the Global OG), and also set the API urls on the Device Services in the Site URLs (it's the Console by default).
Hope it'll help.

Last point. Despite the fact that I'm a certified OnPrem deployment architect and a VMware partner for mobility (since the Airwatch era...), the VMware Support just refused any help on this issue when I opened a case. I just underline that the VMware documentation is wrong for the last versions. The partnership definition according to VMware...

BR,

Mathieu

0 Kudos
Noordan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,
I have also seen this before for some on-premise customers. And we opend a case for one of them and as @PTG92  mentioned, the Support are refusing help to resolve this issue. They are just mention like "this is probably a network or firewall issue that are block some device types".

0 Kudos
VJankevicius
Contributor
Contributor

Make sure that your App server is set to use English (United States) region/format or at least is not set to format which for Decimal symbol is using anything else than "." (e.g. ",")

System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.double.parse?view=netframework-4.8

The NumberFormatInfo object that belongs to that CultureInfo object is then passed to the Parse(String, IFormatProvider) method to convert the user's input to a Double value.

The provider parameter is an IFormatProvider implementation whose GetFormat method returns a NumberFormatInfo object that supplies culture-specific information used in interpreting the format of s. Typically, it is a NumberFormatInfo or CultureInfo object. If provider is null or a NumberFormatInfo cannot be obtained, the formatting information for the current system culture is used.

0 Kudos