VMware Workspace ONE Community
nonsparker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Office webapps

Is there any way to integrate office webapps into the horizon data web interface?

i would like to click on a document in horizon data and have it open in an on site implementation of Microsoft office web apps.

Twitter @thickguythinapp
Website thickguythinapp.com
0 Kudos
4 Replies
FerrerDeCouto
Commander
Commander

Hi nonsparker,

I've read in workspace documentation that you can install LibreOffice or MIcrosoft Office Preview to see docs inside Web data space.

Best regards,

Jose Luis Gomez

José Luis Gómez Ferrer de Couto Founder of PiPo e2H Blog: http://blog.e2h.net Si encuentras que esta o cualquier otra respuesta fue de utilidad, por favor da el voto. Gracias. If you find this or any other answer useful, please consider awarding points. Thank you.
0 Kudos
umarmuha
Contributor
Contributor

Jose,

That is correct, you can integrate LibreOffice and Microsoft Office Preview server with Horizon Workspace but that only gives you the ability to view the documents. Is it possible to have true integration of Office Webapps into Horizon Workspace so users can edit and collaborate on documents using the web interface? I played around with office webapps in a trial version of Office 365 and it seems to work pretty decent. Office Webapps still dont provide the live collboration at the google apps level but it also doesn't create multiple conflicting files if multiple users are working on the same document. My understanding is that you need Share Point server to have Office Webapps on premise. So the question would be that is it possible to setup Office Webapps in your own enviornment and then integrate that into Horizon Workspace so it provides the editing and collaboration capabilities like Skydrive/Office 65? Thank you in advance.

Mo.

0 Kudos
eucluke
Contributor
Contributor

From what I understand of Workspace v1.0 this is not possible. If you wish to edit documents locally you have several options, the three most easiest ways would be to have Office installed on that device, use ThinApp for that device (MS OS dependent) or load up your Horizon View desktop and edit it within that.

0 Kudos
nonsparker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am hoping VMware is working on integrating with this.

Introducing Office Web Apps Server - Office IT Pro Blog - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Twitter @thickguythinapp
Website thickguythinapp.com
0 Kudos