VMware Workspace ONE Community
massimo86
Contributor
Contributor

Office 365 Automatic Signin & Deploying Windows Applications to BYOD Devices

Hi Guys,

We have 2 issues and we are new to Workspace one UEM.

The first issue is I am wondering if there is a way/script to grab the user's email address that they use to register/sign into Workspace One and pre fill the Office 365 sign in screen so that the user just needs to enter their password on their windows 10 devices when it prompts them too or if possible sign in automatically including outlook accounts already added (office 365 tenant is managed by a 3rd party but have onsite DC's)?

The second issue is we are trying to deploy windows (msi or exe) ie Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Application or Audacity for instance to our end user's BYOD windows devices (not domain bound), the files are hosted on a server and we point to them when adding the application into Workspace one (this works fine deploying mac apps from the share on a mac but not windows device). When we publish and deploy the app to the windows device it continually fails no matter what windows application we are trying to deploy. I have looked ta the log files collected from Workspace ONE but nothing really helpful.

We think it possibly may be due to not having permission to download the file and install it on the BYOD Device? How do we know where the temporary location is where these files are downloaded too on the device from workspaceone and is there a way you can tell it to instead download to say C:\Temp and install from here? I have also tried the other way of deploying the application via provisioning/files and actions etc but still no luck. I'm looking at deploying Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Application, Lego Education software, Fusion360, Audacity, Arduino and Minecraft Education edition.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
0 Replies