VMware Workspace ONE Community
irigoyen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

New Applocker/Application Control version on Windows Desktop

I have a functionally Application Control policy configured with a xml configuration file.

There are some path and hash exceptions. The policy is working well.

Now I have a have to modify this file with a new one.

I'm unable to deploy the updated policy to my Windows 10 Desktops.

The old policy remain active on the desktops and on Airwatch i have an event on the devide saying: "Install Profile Failed".

Airwatch or Windows is unable to overwrite the old Applocker configuration with the new one.

Some idea?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JosueNegron
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You can check out the Troubleshooting Windows 10: VMware Workspace ONE Operational Tutorial | VMware guide for more details on what you can do to pinpoint the issue.

My first step would be to check the MDM logs in event viewer for more details: App and Service Logs>Microsoft>Windows> DeviceManagement-Enterprise-Diagnostics-Provider>Admin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JosueNegron
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You can check out the Troubleshooting Windows 10: VMware Workspace ONE Operational Tutorial | VMware guide for more details on what you can do to pinpoint the issue.

My first step would be to check the MDM logs in event viewer for more details: App and Service Logs>Microsoft>Windows> DeviceManagement-Enterprise-Diagnostics-Provider>Admin

0 Kudos
irigoyen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Josue,

Thank you for you help!

Thanks your suggestion I saw that the End User Device received nothing from the Airwatch Servers.

The "DeviceServicesLog" on the Device Server indicated an error with the xml file. I corrected the error and now it's working well!

Fabio