Enthusiast

Need help sharing Folders

Hi

I have three users A,B and C

In addition I have the following Folder structure:

folder1

-> subfolder1

-> subfolder2

Now I want to share folder1 (with all subfolders) with user B and subfolder1 with user C

Is that possible?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Seb1180
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

you can't share a folder that has a parent shared folder. Don't ask me why but that's the way it is.

Seb

eosdata
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

OK. Thanks.

That's really bad...

0 Kudos
Seb1180
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Indeed but don't waste time with Horizon Files as the product is being dropped apparently. The files part is being removed during the upgrade to workspace 2.0

We will see what VMware comes up with to replace Files (Airlock maybe) as I am stuck now and can't go for Horizon 6 as we are making use of Horizon Files.

Seb

0 Kudos
eosdata
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ok thanks for your answer

so horizon files is going to die???

0 Kudos
Seb1180
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Nothing has been officially published apart that the Data Collaboration part is being removed in Horizon 6 and also a kb to extract your data from it to migrate to another EFSS system.

As you can upgrade from 1.8 to 2.0 and as the data-va gets removed I would tend to think yes.

I don't know for you but one thing I am sure of is that I won't keep 6 servers running just for this and that I won't build another environment on the side to keep Files working and especially if I can't have Files in the Workspace 2.0 Portal along with the RDSH apps.

That's really sad that they are not keeping it even if it has some limitation, or at least gave us the option the keep/remove it during the upgrade.  I am sure that they have considered that option and that if they have decided to remove it, then simply maybe it could not work with 2.0.

Let's wait and see what they come up with as a replacement Smiley Wink

Seb

0 Kudos