VMware Workspace ONE Community
HERNDONBRENT
Contributor
Contributor

Native Email Client for Androids

In looking at the Android for Work (example: Work Profile) we decided we want to look at using just the Android Native Email app and not go the route of Workspace Boxer.  We are not interested in really having two separate environments on the phone (work and personal).  I am working on creating a profile/policy but I am not see anything that allows me to designate we want to use the native client.  Basically, we are just wanting to enforce a passcode on the phone and be able to wipe it if lost or stolen (just like we have setup with the iPhones).  Has anyone had any success of setting up Exchange email on an Android using the native email client (and assume not using Device Administrator). 
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
BDBos
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

0 Kudos
BDBos
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I advice to use the (native) Gmail App (whitelist) or use the MS Outlook App. If you use the Outlook App, configuring the Exchange payload is not needed, you use App Configuration.
0 Kudos
Tbibb123
Contributor
Contributor

From what I was told, Native Mail is no longer an option in Android for Work
0 Kudos
Boe_K
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey Herndon to my knowledge the only native mail client you can use in Android Enterprise is Gmail otherwise your options are AirWatch Inbox (which is now deprecated) or Boxer by default. The only other thing you could do is like Ben suggested and push out the Outlook App or any other mail client of choice to the device.
0 Kudos
AurlienROY
Contributor
Contributor

I confirm Terry. Gmail ou Boxer only in Android For Work.
If you want use Outlook, you must use App Configuration in application.
0 Kudos