VMware Workspace ONE Community
rsaulitis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Managing Shared device lock screen PIN/PASSCODE

Hi All,

Have anybody idea how to manage shared device's passcode ? What I mean with this is, we have set "Device Passcode" for our devices to protect them a little bit with lock screen, it works perfectly with individual devices but we have some issues with shared devices. When user log-in into devices for first time device asks to create passcode and it's fine, user log-off and passcode is cleared that's also fine. But at next shift after few day's user need again to create passcode and that's not any more user-friendly. Creating passcode every time when you log-in is not acceptable for us. Any workaround or advice hot to manage this situation ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Not sure about your environment and setup, but we have lots of shared devices among shift workers as well. They know to set up a new (or just use the same device passcode) each time they log into the Hub app. I assume you have auto-logout set so they will be ready for the next shift say 12 hours later in case the previous users forget to log off.

0 Kudos
rsaulitis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi CHENG

Yes we have set auto-logout. What you mean with "or just use the same device passcode" ?

0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

I meant the user can use the same device passcode after signing in to the Hub app.

0 Kudos