VMware Workspace ONE Community
dpeters11
Contributor
Contributor

Management without boxer

We have a different MDM containerized solution, but we have certain users that hate it, and they are in a position to possibly change our solution.

Last year, before we went with the other solution, we had users try the various options including AirWatch with boxer.

They might be looking at AirWatch, but without boxer (one of the involved users hated boxer about a year ago). Most of the vocal users are on iOS, but we so have android in the environment.

We are byod, so I'm also concerned about user privacy.

So without boxer and using AirWatch with the stock apps, how much control of our data do I keep? Can I still wipe only our data when a user leaves? Can they still have privacy in terms of apps installed, gps etc? Though without a container, I might have more concern on bad apps.

All devices are Android 7-10 (mostly 8-9) and iOS 12.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AaronClasby
Contributor
Contributor

You can keep as much security as you want, depending on the policies and profiles. We use native where possible, we only use boxer for devices outside of samsung and apple and we only control our data, no personal info is under our control. Will be better when change over to MAM vs MDM.

0 Kudos
dpeters11
Contributor
Contributor

Well currently we are using MAM on Citrix, and they hate it. So they can use the stock iOS eneil app and we can still prevent copying text into an unapproved app, prevent viewing of contact notes and calendar attachments, email from others that are using the device and wipe out all our data without touching personal data?

0 Kudos