VMware Workspace ONE Community
umarmuha
Contributor
Contributor

Major loss of productivity - Horizon Workspace full scans

Unless I have missed a post, I was surprised that no one has raised a concern regarding the Horizon Workspace full scan. When I was running 1.0 we had some issues with synchronization, where the data between two devices for the user would not match and he/she would end up having two different copies of his data. At the time I had to resolve the issue by going to each and every single of my 12-15 user's computers and delete the state.dat file from the ~/Library/Application Support/Horizon Workspace folder. In 1.5 they implement the full scan where every time a service or machine is started, horizon workspace agent performs a full scan.

So my management group including my boss syncs somewhere about 50-70GB of data on average and they travel a lot. Now when the fire up their laptop/bring back from sleep at the office to sync up the work they did offline to their desktop, mostly a word file or couple of presentations, they have to wait at least 30-40 minutes before all the data is synced. Instead of syncing the new files first, the horizon workspace agent checks all the files first and then updates any new changes. I really want VMware to succeed with this product. I know its easier said than done but I really hope they implement something new in the next version that addresses this issue. I have pretty much used all the sync software including dropbox, google drive, skydive and sugar sync. I have not seen one sync solution that behaves in the way horizon workspace is behaving with the full sync. I have asked my management to keep their faith in VMware and wait for improvements in the next release. I wanted to see if other users in the community are also experiencing the same issues.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
sravuri
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

I am from horizon workspace team and would really like to understand the problem you are describing here.

We would like to get a few more details and also discuss the backup/restore issue you raised in another thread.

Will you be able to do a webex? If so, can you please send me a private message with your availability.

0 Kudos