VMware Workspace ONE Community
RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Macintosh DEP supervised and AD joined

I have managed iPads before but we are now doing some Macintosh computers too. If Macs are enrolled in DEP, can they be AD joined so a user can use their AD credentials to enroll them into AirWatch and how would that be setup? Will they also be supervised?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
23 Replies
RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Yes I was wrong about it being part of DEP profile. That is where the Mac administrator account is setup. We use a staging account to enroll the DEP Mac and then modify it as needed using the local admin account. The Directory payload will configure the Mac to join ad. This in combination with a Wi-Fi profile allows a pre-staged Macintosh to be enrolled into AirWatch and join AD by the user getting the Mac logging in for the first time.

0 Kudos
DavidFink
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Apologies for resurrecting such an old thread. With a DEP domain joined Mac, how do I tell it the object name in AD to join to?
0 Kudos
RafaelVenegas
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have a requirement to domain join our corporate Mac OS devices which are also on DEP. I am currently able to domain join Macs over-the-air through the directory payload BUT I am having inconsistent results logging in with domain credentials.
-All Macs are running 10.14.3 Mojave (previously running different older versions....same issue).
-Some Macs allow user to log in with domain creds, some dont.
-Some Macs allow to user to log in with domain creds......then the domain account disappears from Users & Groups (System Preferences)...then never works again even if you push the directory profile again.
-Some Macs show ALL domain accounts at the login window. Some show Username and Password fields. (Regardless of settings on the Login Window profile).

Anyone experiencing the same issue?
We are on a Shared SaaS environment (CN156) running 18.11.0.11 (1811).

Note:  I researched this issue on many forums on the web and found this to be a widely reported issue with many organizations.  Wanted to get some feed back from our AirWatch community to see you are experiencing that or if you have resolved.

0 Kudos
ShamisAhmed
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes even I have the same results even with latest version of WS1 2203.

And VMW support is helpless

0 Kudos