VMware Workspace ONE Community
MikeVelasco
Contributor
Contributor

MacOS Upgrade to Mojave

has anyone able to upgrade MAcOS to Mojave using Airwatch without user intervention (silent)?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DmitriAltum
Contributor
Contributor

Not to resurrect a dead thread but... Mike did you ever succeed in this endeavor? We're starting to look at the benefits of implementing this due to some security software we use and I haven't seem to have had much luck in our QA environment this morning.
I have a compliance policy set to check for OS version and if it is less than or equal to 10.13.6 install a compliance profile which tells it to automatically install updates and check every 30 minutes. I put High Sierra 10.13.3 on 5 macs this morning and now 4 hours later none of them have prompted or installed an update to Mojave even though they do show the profile installed.

Edit: 2 of the Macs have now prompted for Software updates, I accepted and they went through the whole ' Installing macOS update'  progress bar, etc. But then 30 minutes later when done they are still on 10.13.6 so going to edit the compliance policy to say update if less than 10.14 instead of 10.13.6 and see if that fixes.

2nd Edit: The above did not fix. It went through the exact same thing, one of the macs two macs that updated previously gave the notification to update again, it ran through the macOS install but still came up to 10.13.6 at the end instead of Mojave.

0 Kudos
MikeVelasco
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, i have not found a way to do this either, this is due to Mojave needs to be downloaded from the appstore is and the typical updates does not include Mojave. i contacted support to try figure this out we ended up with extending our online storage so i can upload the mojave.app but long story short none worked for us.
0 Kudos
DmitriAltum
Contributor
Contributor

So we actually ended up finding a way to do this, sort of. We ended up getting VPP licenses for the application and assigning it to all our macOS devices which forces the download of the application. Then we pushed a product to the devices with the command line ' sudo /Applications/Install or macOS or  Mojave.app --agreetolicense --nointeraction'  which forces the application to run, automatically agree to the license, and not prompt anything for the users. Obviously that last part is a bit tricky since it could shut down in the middle of something important so we haven't pushed it live yet, plan to test with taking the --nointeraction off today.
0 Kudos
MikeVelasco
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Dmitri , did this work for you? i tried to do the same thing but and my manifest is set to perform a Run with commandline sudo /Applications/Install or macOS or  Mojave.app --agreetolicense --nointeraction  .  my product deployment failed.  
0 Kudos