VMware Workspace ONE Community
JesseIUH
Contributor
Contributor

MacOS 10.14 Crashing when Enrolled

Is anyone else experiencing MacOS 10.14 unexpectedly crashing only when enrolled in WSO?  We have a few systems that are crashing when first logging into the device after a reboot, when waking from sleep, or when the device has been locked overnight.  This was happening with our devices before the upgrade from 1811 to 1902 and has continued to happen since.  The HUB version on these devices is 4.0.1.  When we unenroll the devices, they do not crash.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Stansfield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What is the sub version (ex 10.14.4) for MacOS?
0 Kudos
JesseIUH
Contributor
Contributor

All versions of 10.14 through 10.14.4 have had this issue.  Not every device running a version of 10.14 has had the issue, but the machines that have had the issue have all been running a version of 10.14.
0 Kudos
Stansfield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Does it always replicate on a machine if it does it and does it keep happening if you turn everything off (no pushed profiles apps etc)?
0 Kudos
JesseIUH
Contributor
Contributor

I have not gone that far with troubleshooting yet.  So far I know that every machine that has had the problem is a 2018 MacBook Pro running Mojave and is enrolled.  When the devices are unenrolled there is no issue.  I will attempt to remove profiles from a device and see if the issue persists.  Thanks.
0 Kudos
Stansfield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What does it do when it crashes?
0 Kudos
JesseIUH
Contributor
Contributor

When bringing it back from sleep, once you enter the password, it pauses for a few seconds and then you see the Apple startup screen and are prompted to log in again.  Once you log in all previously open apps open back up and the OS prompts to report an unexpected crash.  This also happens when performing a cold boot. 

This is never a predictable issue, though.  Sometimes the devices will go multiple days without crashing.
0 Kudos
rtbarwick
Contributor
Contributor

I have experienced similar issues in our environment.  It seems to only affect devices with the T2 chip running macOS Mojave waking from sleep, though the issue is intermittent.  I have been unable to find a resolution so far.  We are currently on 1902 with Hub version 4.0.1 as well.
0 Kudos