VMware Workspace ONE Community
JustinGrazulis
Contributor
Contributor

Mac Agent Enrollment Issues

Hello fellow AirWatch admins,

I'm getting an error when attempting to use the Agent to enroll Mac computers. I install the Agent. Then, after putting in the server URL and the group ID, it prompts for username and password. Upon putting in the user credentials and selecting continue, about 30 seconds later I am greeted with:

' Failed to retrieve server details. Please try again later.'

I've tried macOS 10.12.6 and macOS 10.13.4, both experience similar results. Our console is version 9.0 and located on premise. I am able to successfully enroll such devices using the web enrollment method. Other devices have no issues (Android, Windows 7/10 and iOS devices). I tried the AirWatchAgent.dmg that came with our environment as well as the one from awagent.com, both experience the same issue.

Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
LakshmiSriniva1
Contributor
Contributor

Known issue if my memory serves right. Upgrading to 9.1 fixed the issue for us in an On-Perm environment.
0 Kudos
RobertJerina
Contributor
Contributor

We always got around it by using e-mail details to get the server details. Our user puts in their e-mail, then it asks them for a username and password (which is their LDAP login info), then it continues through the setup with success in finding the server and connecting and enrolling to AirWatch.
0 Kudos
JustinGrazulis
Contributor
Contributor

I should have responded to this much sooner after figuring out the issue. It had to do with searching sub-domains within ldap for a user. The sub-domain search was causing time outs that broke the enrollment process. If you don't use sub-domains, be sure to turn off searching sub-domains within the directory services options.
0 Kudos