DanielSammons
Contributor
Contributor

MSEdge Manage Favorites

Jump to solution

Good Afternoon,

I am attempting to publish a Managed Favourites Folder to MS Edge using a WS1 Custom Profile. I have successfully deployed the MSEdge ADMX Files and I have had some success managing some of the MSEdge Setting using these. I am using the below XML

Spoiler
<Replace><CmdID>2</CmdID><Item><Target><LocURI>./Device/Vendor/MSFT/Policy/Config/MSEdge~Policy~microsoft_edge/ManagedFavorites</LocURI></Target>
<Data>
<![CDATA[<enabled/><data id="ManagedFavorites" value="[{"toplevel_name":"Managed Favourites"},{"name":"Google","url":"https://google.co.uk/"},{"name":"Office","url":"https://office.com/"}]"/>]]>
</Data></Item></Replace>

If I leave value blank or the Registry key is successfully created however when I use the above value it fails. Suggesting that the issue is with the Value being used which is exported directly from Edge.

If anyone is able to shed some light on this I would really appreciate it

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanielSammons
Contributor
Contributor

Good Afternoon,

So I have managed to solve my own issue. The problem was being caused by the nested quotation marks. swapping out the Quotation marks for apostrophes like the below resolved the issue.

Spoiler
<Replace><CmdID>2</CmdID><Item><Target><LocURI>./Device/Vendor/MSFT/Policy/Config/MSEdge~Policy~microsoft_edge/ManagedFavorites</LocURI></Target>
<Data>
<![CDATA[<enabled/><data id='ManagedFavorites' value='[{"toplevel_name":"Managed Favourites"},{"name":"Google","url":"https://google.co.uk/"},{"name":"Office","url":"https://office.com/"}]'/>]]>
</Data></Item></Replace>

 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanielSammons
Contributor
Contributor

Good Afternoon,

So I have managed to solve my own issue. The problem was being caused by the nested quotation marks. swapping out the Quotation marks for apostrophes like the below resolved the issue.

Spoiler
<Replace><CmdID>2</CmdID><Item><Target><LocURI>./Device/Vendor/MSFT/Policy/Config/MSEdge~Policy~microsoft_edge/ManagedFavorites</LocURI></Target>
<Data>
<![CDATA[<enabled/><data id='ManagedFavorites' value='[{"toplevel_name":"Managed Favourites"},{"name":"Google","url":"https://google.co.uk/"},{"name":"Office","url":"https://office.com/"}]'/>]]>
</Data></Item></Replace>

 

0 Kudos