VMware Workspace ONE Community
MarcosFreitasjr
Contributor
Contributor

MDM AirWatch - How to allow access just one website?Como liberar apenas um site/dominio no MDM?

We need to allow by MDM AirWatch an access to a just one website. Is it possible?

We can allow the browser but I don't know how to allow access to just one website specific.

// PT BR

Preciso liberar um formulário para ser preenchido nos aparelhos. Todavia eu preciso liberar o app de navegação. Existe alguma forma de no MDM AirWatch eu limitar qual site/link/domínio o usuário terá acesso?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MatthewSwenson
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

@MarcosFreitasjr , You have two potential courses:

Deploy a browser restriction profile (only affects Chrome on Android, for example)

or

Deploy Workspace ONE Web and use the granular controls for it to whitelist and home-page just that website.

Whatever you do, consider what other apps you might have on the device.  Sometimes, other apps will have built-in browsers that you can't control.  If you ONLY want users to access the website and literally nothing else, I recommend configuring single-app mode with Workspace ONE Launcher and configuring the Web app to kiosk mode.

0 Kudos
JoanPomeroy
Contributor
Contributor

Following. Looking for the solution of same problem. Want to give access to one of the websites named carpetcleanerpicks.

0 Kudos
MatthewSwenson
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

@JoanPomeroy 

You will need to disable or hide the Chrome browser and also control access to the Play Store in order to prevent users from installing another browser.  Enable the Secure Launcher (assign a launcher profile).  You can assign it in single-application mode or allow users to launch other apps.  Allow users to access WS1 Web.  Settings for Web are controlled in All Settings -> Apps -> Workspace ONE Web.  I would suggest using Kiosk mode, but you can play with the settings to see what works best for you.

0 Kudos