VMware Workspace ONE Community
HayleyGRIT
Contributor
Contributor

Linking AirWatch to Apple Configurator auto enrollment

Hi All,
I am attempting to link our iOS devices to the Apple DEP program so that we are able to push out updates via the MDM console.
At present I have a DEP program profile but I cannot add my existing devices to it as they were not purchased from one of the very few suppliers that are authorised to add devices to the program. So I am doing it the manual way, adding them to the Apple configurator and then they appear on the DEP GUI.
As part of my profile on the Apple configrator, I want it to auto enrol it to AirWatch but it is asking me for the MDM server address.
I have tried ds556.awmdm.com and ds556.awmdm.com/MYCOMPANYDETAILS but it comes back saying ' Unable to verify the servers enrolment URL' .
Can anyone advise what address I should be using please?

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
WilbertKandt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Group I,

To be able to use Apple Configurator to enroll Apple devices, you first need to generate the enrollment URL from within the WS ONE console.
See https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Workspace-ONE-UEM/1912/Integration_Apple_Configurator2/GUID-AWT-GE...

How to generate MDM enrollment URL in short::
1) Login to your WS ONE UEM console
2) Groups & Settings -> All Settings -> Devices & Users -> Apple -> Automated Enrollment
3) Configure the settings that apply to your enrollment requirements
4) Save
5) The MDM enrollment URL is generated and now visible.
6) Use this MDM enrollment URL in Apple Configurator 2.

(In previous version of Workspace ONE there was the option to configure ' Apple Configurator' . This option has been replaced by ' Automated enrollment' . This is also incorrectly documented in the attached link)
0 Kudos
RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Those instructions do not apply to DEP devices! They have not updated the instructions after Configurator became able to add devices to DEP. Use Configurator to add them to your DEP server, sync your DEP devices (Settings > Devices & Users > Apple > Device Enrollment Program > SYNC DEVICES) and then they are ready to be enrolled as a DEP device. I searched for previous posts and found one (Add devices to DEP - Apple Configurator 2.5) but it is no longer available. Here is the summary text:  ' In other words Configurator adds them to ASM/DEP and then the DEP enrollment profile is in effect so you don't enroll them with Configurator.'  Un-check the box to enroll them with Configurator.
0 Kudos
AnthonyCardona
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos