VMware Workspace ONE Community
TylanTaylor
Contributor
Contributor

Link DEP to UAT SAAS environment

Has anyone linked their DEP portal with the UAT SAAS environment? I can not properly test devices if I am not able to sync Apple devices in our UAT SAAS environment.

Tylan Taylor
Flocorp
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

You can create a separate OG and a link a new MDM server in DEP to that org. Then test that way.
0 Kudos
TylanTaylor
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Luke. Is it just best practice not to sync the DEP portal with the SAAS UAT?
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

Doesn't matter really, it's just an link up from Apple to the MDM server you specify. I have 40+ MDM servers (really just OG's) in my DEP portal, not a big deal. A pain to manage, yes, but it works.
0 Kudos
TylanTaylor
Contributor
Contributor

Okay great! Can I ask you this: Is it possible to create another Child Group under the parent group (Universe) for this? Now we have the DEP Portal link to the Universe group (Top Group). I am afraid that there will be a conflict with the two groups. 
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

Yes, you can override the group settings and create another MDM server. You could also conceivably just create another DEP profile at the top and assign that profile to the child group devices as well. A few ways to do this depending on your needs.
0 Kudos
TylanTaylor
Contributor
Contributor

Okay Luke, thank you for your suggestion. I will try to create another DEP profile and link it to another child group. I want to test out the Activation Lock for our Apple devices that are locked by users that have been terminated. Thanks again.
0 Kudos