VMware Workspace ONE Community
kilzer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Launching published apps in workspace 2.0 from the internet

Hello,

I can't launch published apps in workspace 2.0 from the internet. When I open a app an app my horizon view client opens and error message "Error: Hostname could not be resolved" appears.

I access the workspace via the internet over a  load balancer (ZEN). I configured two connectors. One for the internal connection with Kerberos authentication and one for the external authentication with password authentication. This works all fine. From the LAN it works like a charm.

Do I have to give the Horizon View Connection Manger a public IP?

Another (or maybe THE) problem is regarding the FQDN/SSL load balancer setting. The FQDN is the portal.domain.com. The load balancer is via internet with the same URL accessible. When I select the "Load Balancer option" in the Workspace Configurator, it copies the root ca certificate from the LB to all VAs, restarts the Tomcat server and then the page throw me back to the inital page where the load balancer radio button is not selected. I receive no error messages and in the logs I can not see any errors. Do you guys have an idea, what I'm doing wrong?

Kind Regards

Andreas

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RaviChayanam
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

yes, the Horizon View Connection Server needs to be resolvable too (you need a public IP for it)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RaviChayanam
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

yes, the Horizon View Connection Server needs to be resolvable too (you need a public IP for it)

0 Kudos
kilzer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for the answer! I will configure it tomorrow.

0 Kudos