VMware Workspace ONE Community
Paul741
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Launcher installs unexpectedly

Hi, I have a new Samsung Android work managed device, I set up a profile for the user with NO launcher policy, but the launcher gets installed anyway. On the device console in fact I see it's installed but correctly is "not assigned". If I try to uninstall then it gets reinstalled anyway (and if I open it of course it tells that there's no valid profile available). I even delete and re-enrolled the device, with same results.

At the moment I set the default launcher as the Samsung native home UI, but when the profiles sync the launcher takes over.

Any hints? Thank you.

EDIT: oops looks like I've solved myself, on the custom settings I had some code referring to a launcher (because I copied the profile from another one that has a launcher payload).

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Paul741
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

EDIT: oops looks like I've solved myself, on the custom settings I had some code referring to a launcher (because I copied the profile from another one that has a launcher payload).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Paul741
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

0 Kudos