VMware Workspace ONE Community
ScaryLarry_12
Contributor
Contributor

Launcher home button moved after update

Just had an update pushed to a some Samsung Galaxy S8+ tablets that I'm testing in order to deploy in bulk for my company. However, after the update took place the floating home button is off to the right side where before, it was in the bottom center of the Launcher home screen.

Anyone run into this recently and what would be the way to fix it?Launcher home button after updateLauncher home button after update

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dkmiotek
Contributor
Contributor

To recenter the Launcher home button:

Settings>Display>Navigation Bar

Right below the button order options is an area called "Button position"; change that back to center.

ScaryLarry_12
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, I thought it was something that simple as well. Only gives the option of right or left. Mind you, the center button position option is indeed an option on "ONE UI Version on Ver: 4.1". However, in this latest version (Ver:4.1.1) it is not. Strange and pretty crazy that the center option is not there after this update.

These Galaxy S8+ tablets are something else. Have had some really bizarre issues with them.

0 Kudos
ScaryLarry_12
Contributor
Contributor

Found a solution. You have to disable the task bar in display settings entirely. Then and only then can are you given the option to set the navigation bar back to "center". 

Settings > Display > Taskbar (located at the bottom the 'Looking for something else" menu > Taskbar >Turn Off

Then you are given the option to set the navigation bar back to "center".

0 Kudos