VMware Workspace ONE Community
robsanlop
Contributor
Contributor

Last Version OnPremises Environment

What is the latest version of Workspace One UEM in an on-premises environment?
Is there any kind of calendar to know when the releases for on-premises environments are released?

Greetings!
Roberto Sanchez (ContecNow)
Labels (1)
22 Replies
wdeboodt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

v1909 is the latest on-prem release.
I've never seen a release schedule for on-prem
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Make you subscribe to the release note to stay informed of upcoming releases.
0 Kudos
syarbrou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I sure hope that when 2002 comes out, assuming it does, there is an on premise version.  We need to renew our SSL certs for the first time on our on premise environment, including device server, console, SEG, and the various pieces of the tunnel servers and want to try and update everything as part of the install and see if that works.  But it's been a while since we had a release.

0 Kudos
rterakedis
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

robsanlop​, hopefully this can shed some light.   There are a few places you can look:

You can then also plan those upgrades using the VMware Product Interoperability Matrices.   There, you can find the Workspace ONE UEM Console Matrix.

As mentioned above, 1909 is the current latest on-prem offering, although 2001 is due to release relatively soon.   In general, if a release is tagged for on-prem release, the actual on-prem install bits seem to be released approximately 30 days after we release to SaaS.   I haven't seen that actually documented anywhere, so it's mostly just a rough guess.

Hope that helps!

jorgensan
Contributor
Contributor

I asked my TAM today, 2001 is scheduled for On-Prem soon now. I was told next version 2003 but only for SaaS

0 Kudos
syarbrou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the info.  Wonder since 2001 has been out for a while how many fixes will be included in it.  We have an issue that we can't get a clear answer from support about around Boxer that we have for about 1 out of 25 people that enroll, Boxer refuses to login and we haven't been able to figure out why.  They say it's a known issue with the console that is supposed to be fixed or has been fixed.  Can't get a clear answer but when your about to enroll 3,000 people, do not want that issue hanging over your head.

0 Kudos
DanielConner
Contributor
Contributor

FYI 2001 was just released this afternoon.

0 Kudos
syarbrou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks.  Were you able to download it?  I see three things in the Install And Upgrades folder.

Memcached Integration which has been there for a while.

Installing Workspace ONE UEM which comes up with a 404 dead page.

Upgrade which looks like a checklist.

0 Kudos
DanielConner
Contributor
Contributor

RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

There is now the "2001 Full Installer" available as already linked and it is over 3 GB zipped and over 5 GB extracted. It downloaded fine for me. It is version 20.1.0.2 or 2001 with two revisions.

0 Kudos
antherITguy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Has anyone run into any issues upgrading from 1909 to 2001?

0 Kudos
RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Or issues going from 1907 to 2001, which is what we are planning to do later this month?

0 Kudos
KevinAddison
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone updated from 9.7 to this version (2001 Full install)?

Is it worth updating to 2001 or better to 19.9.0.x ?

0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

I would say depending on how often you get to upgrade your environment. I would go with the latest if let's say you can only upgrade once or twice a year.

0 Kudos
rjtd
Contributor
Contributor

I went from 19.09.24 to 20.01.03 and MEM stopped working.

Can't run compliance or "sync" email accounts. It just get "hanged" syncing accounts or running compliance. Sometimes it works if I disable and enable email configuration, but gets broken again afterwards.

Restoring 19.09.24 database and servers makes everything work perfectly again.

0 Kudos
syarbrou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Any updates on next on premise release?  With this pesky pandemic kind of got delayed upgrading to 2001 version and now wondering with 2005 out SaaS that there will "maybe?" be another on-premise release coming soon?  Have a few months left until my certs expire for my dev instance and four months for prod so want to start thinking about walking thru the upgrade process soon.

0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

2005 is listed as ONPrem in the release notes. No download available just yet.

VMware Workspace ONE UEM Release Notes

0 Kudos
FranciscoGasga
Contributor
Contributor

Do you have the link updated?

Regards.

0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Looks like 2005 is still the latest version for the on-premises customer.

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2960922?lang=en_US&queryTerm=AirWatch+Console+Release+and+End+of+Sup...

0 Kudos