VMware Workspace ONE Community
Ha-Pe
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Kerberos Authentication to IDM 2.91

Hi all

we have the new version v2.91 of identity manager in place for test environment.

we connected the appliance to AD, syncronizing users and groups from ad, and have also managed to integrate with adfs.

now, as other test, we want to passthrough allready to the domain logged on users, direct to the idm with kerberos authentication.

we configured IDM according to: VMware Documentation Library and added the FQDN to the "Local Intranet Zone" in IE.

Unfortunatly the passthrough is not working, we still need to login with username and password to the IDM.

Somebody have made the same experience and solved that?

We are thankful for any input.

Regards, Ha-Pe

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ha-Pe
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Maybe someone else could use that information.

By installing a connector appliance in the same namespace as the Active Directory domain, Kerberos authentication was enabled.

The problem with logon to the SystemDomain with Kerberos authentication enabled has been fixed by upgrading vIDM to V2.9.2 and using "https://vIDM.contoso.com/SAAS/login/0".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mmurthy
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Ha-Pe,

Could you please share the screenshot of Kerberos adapter configuration Page and Logs (horizon.log & connector.log).

Regards,

Manjunath M

0 Kudos
Ha-Pe
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Manjunath

Oh i am sorry, i missed your input on that day. (Mail-Rules !)

In the meantime i almost solved the problem, with installing a connector appliance in the same namespace as the active director domain has.

(Actually i only have a working test-environment, still not in productive environment)

But now! i can not find a login url to bypass the kerberos authentication for administrative purpose Smiley Happy

Any hint? Thanks!

Regards, Ha-Pe

0 Kudos
Ha-Pe
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Maybe someone else could use that information.

By installing a connector appliance in the same namespace as the Active Directory domain, Kerberos authentication was enabled.

The problem with logon to the SystemDomain with Kerberos authentication enabled has been fixed by upgrading vIDM to V2.9.2 and using "https://vIDM.contoso.com/SAAS/login/0".

0 Kudos