VMware Workspace ONE Community
Neolyth
Contributor
Contributor

KNOX Mobile Enrollment can't find airwatchagent.apk

Hi all,
maybe someone else has/had this issue as well. I just wanted to create a new Policy on the Know portal for a specific device configuration I have to push. These devices will be work managed, so I need the airwatchagent.apk as device owner. However, when I try to add it to the profile, the KNOX portal tells me he can't find the apk under the location https://discovery.awmdm.com/mobileenrollment/airwatchagent.apk. When I try this via my Browser, I can download the .apk in Question. Also, when I add the samsungelmservice.apk, that instantly validates. So I'm a bit lost here.

Anyone got that as well and maybe has an idea?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
18 Replies
DenisdeWit
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have the same issue at the moment.

0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

I'm thinking they are having a problem, I'd submit a ticket to Samsung. I just attempted to add a new KME profile and received the same error. As far as the ELM goes, you won't need it in the end either. It's baked into the Hub. I've set up endpoints with the APK that I manage for KME for this very reason. I like knowing and having control over the resource.
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

0 Kudos
DenisdeWit
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Created a ticket at Samsung.
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

Not completely helpful here, but keep this page handy for Samsung KNOX:  http://status.samsungknox.com/
0 Kudos
Neolyth
Contributor
Contributor

Just opened a case with Samsung as well. Thanks for the Feedback guys! I'll post here once I hear back from them.
0 Kudos
BethC
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Dang it... I tried too. Same error. That's a problem!
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

Samsung tried the ' it's a free service'  line on me. I said, ' I don't care if it's free, I tied my devices to this at your behest. You better make this reliable!'  SMH
0 Kudos
DenisdeWit
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Samsung just contacted me. When you create a ticket, create a post-sales ticket. They can't forward presales tickets to the responsable teams.
0 Kudos
BethC
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

This is only an issue since they upgraded their system this past weekend. I've had nothing but issues. I will open a support ticket as well. Squeaky wheel.....
0 Kudos
Neolyth
Contributor
Contributor

So far, I got a response from Samsung Support:

We will look in to this and let you know the outcome.

Let's hope soon enough 🙂
0 Kudos
Neolyth
Contributor
Contributor

Good news everyone. This morning, Samsung Support closed the ticket and stated the issue was resolved. Sure enough, I can now add the .apk again as before, so it seems to be working again.
0 Kudos
ColinScott
Contributor
Contributor

I have this issue today, seems the URL is not accessible - did VMWare change something?
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

Seems spotty, I had to keep retrying and it eventually went through
0 Kudos
ColinScott
Contributor
Contributor

when I browse to the URL directly, it doesn't work (404 file not found). Same for everyone else?

Retrying is an annoying option on the device, since the only option is to reset again.

0 Kudos
ColinScott
Contributor
Contributor

fixed now... hopefully it stays that way.
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

I really recommend hosting it yourself, getting support when you need it might be tricky.
0 Kudos
ColinScott
Contributor
Contributor

I thin it was just updated, but point taken. thanks.
0 Kudos