VMware Workspace ONE Community
TUMAS
Contributor
Contributor

Issue with In app Tunnel configuration

Hi all,

So I am testing out in app vpn on WS1. I created the UAG and is all setup as it should. Tunnel is installed on my android device and show green and "Connected"

Now my issue is here.. I have a policy which pushes the web app onto my device which has the vpn creds binded to it it so it connect directly to the UAG and eventually access the internal app required. This is not happening for some reason. When I looked at the tunnel logs I get the following:

Tunnel Session connected

Tunnel DNS servers: 127.0.0.53

Tunnel Session successfully established.

Now on my UAG i have my proper DNS settings configured so the question is: Is the 127.0.0.53 not allowing me to access my internal apps?

Also I went to the path where the 1270.0.53 is and I changed it but after a reboot it goes back to default. What am I doing wrong here?

Any help and guidance would be appreciated!         

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
23 Replies
TUMAS
Contributor
Contributor

The only error I get is:

net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT error which is pointing to my identity provider (OKTA)

The Tunnel app is green and connected so that is working.

When I open the Vmware web app it loads a white screen and then gives the above error.

I am at a loss here. If there is any way I can share logs with you guys let me know from where and I will

0 Kudos
AlexanderMuc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You could enable debug logs in the Tunnel app in Diagnostics, reproduce the problem and then drag the logs out of the client by the mail icon.

But in the logfile there is information about the VPN configuration (UAG address, tunneled apps, device and server traffic rules) and some internal information. (DNS servers, internal IP addresses, etc.)

So you should consider carefully whether you share this information in the community forum or open a support request at VMware.

0 Kudos
TUMAS
Contributor
Contributor

Just extracted the logs. All seems to be in order with no errors or issues.

0 Kudos
TUMAS
Contributor
Contributor

To push a VPN profile to an apple device do you need to have certificates in place yes or no? Can't find any documentation on this?  Other profiles like setting passcode or pushing weblinks work without issues. Its just things like pushing VPN or Wifi which are not working.

0 Kudos